Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Top 5: What the kids are into

This morning, I had the pleasure of covering a class during what would normally be considered my "prep" time. So in addition to the xeroxes of word searches I brought to the bored-looking sixth graders, I also asked them each to list their five favorite songs and the artists responsible. That got them going a little bit. These examples from the assignment are presented without comment or correction (but from those who listed more than five, I just took the first five songs). Try not to laugh too hard at some of the misspellings — I left them there so people can also see that NCLB has done nothing to ensure that ALL of our children can spell "Chris Brown." Click below to see the kids' rankings.

Carolyn:
1) Run it - Crish Brown
2) yo! - Crish Brown
3) sosike - nayo
4) 12-sept - Chier
5) Baby - Bow wow

Shaneyah::
1) Love - Keisha Cole
2) And I - Ciara
3) Laffy Taffy - D4L
4) Candy Shop - 50 cent
5) I wish - Ray-J

Shanea
1) yo - Chris Brown
2) one wish - Ray_J
3) And I - Ciara
4) Laffy taffy - D4l
5) Fire Man - lil wyne

Eric
1) Oh yes - Juelz Santana
2) Be without you - Mary J Blige
3) Laffy Taffy - D4L
4) so sick - ne-yo
5) Temperature - Sean Paul

Dante:
1) Lean with it rock wit it
2) Get rick die tryin (nice rhymes)
3) Laffy taffy (dance to it)
4) Miny Men
5) Fire Man

Shaquil:
1) Yo - C. Bronw
2) Run it - C. Bronw
3) cant do it like me - D4l
4) Think they like me - Frachisze boys
5) Lean with it Rock with it - Frachisze boys

Clearly, "Laffy Taffy" is spectacular. I'm gonna have to hit up that jawn. Personally, though, I like "Fire Man." It doesn't get much better than those sirens. How come none of the kids listed Morrissey? How about that song "Hairdresser on Fire"? I need to make a compilation, or mixtape, of songs that have to do with fire. Run it!

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger FriedOreo said...

Those songs are money, misspellings aside.

I saw Juelz Santana perform last fall at a small venue in Oakland. He rolls deep. Unfortunately, his bol Cam'ron didn't attend. We all wanted to see the gunshot wounds.

Dem Franchize Boyz have a new album coming out in a week, so they should blow up pretty soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home